HAS BEEN TRUSTED BY PARENTS AND DOCTORS
FOR OVER 25 YEARS
as the #1* prescribed treatment for kids with CPP
*Data sourced as of June 2020.
LUPRON DEPOT-PED helps control Central Precocious Puberty (CPP) by stopping the release of hormones that cause puberty.
LUPRON DEPOT-PED is:
- A gonadotropin-releasing hormone, or GnRH, agonist. It works by helping the pituitary gland ignore signals from the brain. This, in turn, stops the release of sex hormones that cause puberty
- The #1† prescribed treatment for CPP by doctors in the US
†Data sourced as of June 2020.
LUPRON DEPOT-PED treats CPP
In a study,‡ LUPRON DEPOT-PED provided control by pausing puberty within 4 weeks.
96.4% of children achieved suppression of a reproductive hormone.§
Suppression means either pausing puberty with no changes or reversing the signs of puberty.
‡The study included 55 children (49 females and 6 males) with CPP treated with LUPRON DEPOT-PED for an average of 3.9 years who were then followed after treatment for an average of 3.5 years.
§Mean peak luteinizing hormone.
While on treatment, your child's early puberty stage should be paused.
Breast development should stop or reverse. Your child's growth should slow down to a rate that is normal for their age.
- During 5 years of treatment, 66.7%–90.6% of females had suppression of breast development
- During 5 years of treatment, 60%–100% of males had suppression of genitalia development
LUPRON DEPOT-PED can help
control your child’s CPP
Talk to your child’s pediatric endocrinologist about when it's appropriate for your child to start and stop treatment.
The pediatric endocrinologist can help decide what treatment plan may work best for your child’s specific needs.
LUPRON DEPOT-PED is the only CPP treatment that has a long‑term, 18-year safety study.
Patients who were treated with LUPRON DEPOT-PED were followed into adulthood (age 21)
After treatment, the reproductive development of 20 patients aged 18-26 was evaluated:
80% (16 of 20)
reported normal menstrual cycles¶
in 7 patients (including multiple pregnancies in 4 patients)
4 of 4 women
who tried to become pregnant did
¶According to the Office on Women's Health, this is similar to women in the United States, with up to 86% having regular bleeding during their childbearing years.
LUPRON DEPOT-PED offers flexible dosing.
Every child has unique needs, including the amount of medicine needed to treat their CPP
Your child's doctor can create a treatment plan specifically for your child. This will ensure they get the right amount of medicine throughout their treatment.
|11.25 mg and 30 mg|
|4 injections each year|
|7.5 mg, 11.25 mg, and 15 mg|
|12 injections each year|
Only LUPRON DEPOT-PED has 5 dosing options
How the dosing options work
- Your child’s doctor decides on the appropriate starting dose for your child
- The doctor checks the hormone levels every month or two
- If the hormone levels are reduced, the doctor may change how often your child gets an injection
- If the hormone levels are not reduced, the doctor may change how much medicine is needed and how often your child gets an injection
Your child's pediatric endocrinologist will monitor your child’s progress. If hormone and clinical suppression are not achieved with the starting dose, they may need to adjust the dose. The dose may also need to be adjusted as your child’s body weight changes.
Your healthcare team will assess your child for any side effects of treatment with LUPRON DEPOT-PED.
Possible side effects of LUPRON DEPOT-PED
It’s important to notify your child's pediatrician or pediatric endocrinologist right away if your child experiences any side effects from therapy.
In clinical studies, the most common side effects of LUPRON DEPOT-PED received 1 time each month included:
- Injection site reactions# such as pain,
swelling, and abscess
- Weight gain
- Pain throughout body
- Acne or red, itchy rash and white scales (seborrhea)
- Serious skin rash (erythema multiforme)
- Mood changes
- Swelling of vagina (vaginitis), vaginal bleeding, and vaginal discharge
The most common side effects of LUPRON DEPOT-PED received every 3 months included:
#After the injection, some pain and irritation is expected; however, if more severe symptoms occur or if any new, unusual, or worsening symptoms develop, contact your child's doctor right away.
See additional Important Safety Information you should know about LUPRON DEPOT-PED.
You can also view the full Prescribing Information and talk with your child's doctor for more information.